Friday, June 19, 2015

Call Your Dad This Weekend!

Dads are so awesome. They do so much good for us and our children. They always get the hard jobs (like unlpugging the toilet) and their service often goes unappreciated. Growing up, we always called Dad, "The Hoover," because he had the task of eating the food in the fridge that nobody else always wanted. Reading my college essays, helping me with my math homework, so many acts and words of love, are all a part of how he has blessed my sister and I over the years.

When I was thirteen, the Victoria Secret catalog came to the house. Dad sat me down and opened the pages. "Look at these women, Lil. Real women don't look like this. This is nonsense. One day you'll meet a real man who will appreciate you for you. Don't pay attention to this silliness. This isn't real or true" What awesome words to give a young girl growing up in a culture, which prizes thinness and sexiness over all things. I think it was through Dad's super example, that I was able to know an amazing man, when I finally met him (first Jesus, then Bo). 

Dads do so much for us. If you have a Dad in your life call him and thank him for his years of service.

Most importantly, all of us can have that amazing Father we so deeply long for. One who looks out for us, loves us unconditionally, is proud to call us son or daughter. The kind of Dad that runs to us,
"His Father saw him and was filled with compassion...He ran to his son, threw his arms around him, and kissed him" (Luke 15:20).

P.S.
Thank You Bo for being such an amazing Dad to our two children!

No comments:

Post a Comment