Thursday, December 3, 2015

Woman of Faith I admire - Mrs. Krista Bump

John, Krista, and their lovely children
Here on the ol' blog, I'd like to feature some of the amazing Christian women that inspire, encourage, and uplift me to follow Jesus and love others without fear, but rather, with simple, wholehearted devotion.
Krista is one of these women. She and her husband, John, have two biological children, five adopted, and have fostered fifty children.
When I last visited her, she had just adopted her last child, a beautiful baby girl, Valayeh. I noticed how sweet these two were together. Everywhere Krista moved Valayeh followed her with her eyes. She often stretched out her arms to Krista wanting to be held. It was like the sun rose and moon set with Krista. Love is a powerful force. Were all desperate for it and this little girl was finally, getting her fill.
Valayeh has fetal alcholol syndrome. When Krista stood with the doctor discussing her future he outlined some pretty bleak facts, but concluded saying, "but I think overall, she'll be okay." Krista responded, "Even if she never walks, she'll be a treasure, because Jesus loves her." He was taken aback. That's fearless devotion.
I'm telling you friends, if more mothers had the strength and courage to love their children like that, this earth would be transformed.
As Krista and I were chatting she held Valayeh in her arms.
"God knew what he was doing giving me this girl," she said.
"I know," I said, "He wanted to bless and shower her with love." Krista smiled and said,
"I was actually thinking he wanted to bless me with her." That is simple, loving devotion.
How does Krista do what she does? How is all this possible? The fearless, loving devotion of Christ. He showers us with his love, so were able to pour it out on others. The love we give reflects the love we have received

No comments:

Post a Comment